With our progressive approach to ‘Wu Shu’ which is the correct term in Chinese for ‘martial arts’ (‘Wu’ meaning martial or war, ‘Shu’ meaning technique or skill), our classes are taught by fully qualified instructors in an atmosphere of support and fun. With an emphasis on developing self-discipline and self-respect, our students are empowered with skills which they will soon learn to apply in every aspect of their lives. Wu Shu is the harmonious blending of mind, body and spirit, combining exercise with relaxation, that is beneficial for all ages, men and women. Practicing Wu Shu not only enables you to protect yourself against physical aggression, it also improves fitness, stamina, sharpens awareness, increases coordination, concentration, speed, flexibility and strength, tones and builds muscles. You will grow in confidence, courage, power and self-assurance, while learning to remain calm and relax.
The world of Chinese Martial Arts is as limitless as the sky. Our mission is to improve every aspect of your life by sharing this beautiful journey filled with its amazing philosophies, wisdom, practicalities and uniqueness.
In doing so Wushu Academy provides an atmosphere of support and fun to encourage students to develop self-discipline and self-respect, where students are empowered with skills that they learn to apply in every aspect of their lives.
Provide a school where students are encouraged to spend as much as time possible on perfecting their Kung Fu. Allowing women & men, both old & young practitioners to experience the numerous benefits of this lifelong art. Deliver an atmosphere of support and fun to encourage students to develop self-discipline and self-respect. Emphasising non-violent conflict resolution and stress management.
Provide a school where students are encouraged to spend as much as time possible on perfecting their Kung Fu.
Allowing women & men, both old & young practitioners to experience the numerous benefits of this lifelong art.
Deliver an atmosphere of support and fun to encourage students to develop self-discipline and self-respect.
Emphasising non-violent conflict resolution and stress management.
- "Kung Fu requires extreme discipline and is very rewarding. I’ve always had a strong interest in martial arts but I chose to learn Kung Fu as I have studied and read many books where Kung Fu keeps you physically and mentally strong and prevents illnesses and ailments. I cannot even remember the last time I called in sick for work as Sifu Kamran’s authentic traditional style of training has kept me healthier and stronger and is now part of my life." Read more..Craig Cavers – Chief Engineer / Hilton Sydney
- "The Wu-Shu Academy became my home away from home over 15 years ago. Being here teaches me how to separate my work life from my personal life. This school is special, it encourages its students to strive for excellence and inner peace. Membership fees are modest and there are no extra expenses involved. The instructors are highly skilled, they share knowledge and experience with students regardless of skill level." Read more..DJ Kavi-R
- "Since commencing Wushu, and under my highly skilled teacher, Sifu Kamran, I have learnt skills to assist me in all areas of my life.The kung fu journey is a lifelong one but I am eternally grateful for Sifu’s invested time to teach me and other students for all of these learnings, as they will continue to influence and improve my life forever!" Read More..Helen F., Psychologist
- "At first it was the authentic Wu-Shu that attracted me to School. The more I trained the more Sifu Kamran would show me the fighting applications of Wu-Shu and I was astounded at his ability. Never before had I seen someone who could create so much power with such little effort and who could show me how the techniques of Wu-Shu forms are used for self defence and fighting...and I feel very lucky that I have a genuine master to learn from. Sifu Kamrans skill and experience is of a level that I have never seen before." Read more..Rad Burmeister – Unity Gym – Owner / Trainer
- "I can truly say this is one of the best schools I’ve trained at. The attention to the basic is impressive. Making sure that you learn everything correctly and keep on improving on them. The classes are a lot of fun, enjoyable and designed to build up your fitness fast. Classes cater for all fitness levels. Truly a great school." Read more..Shunt Boghossian – Director / Heaven’s Hell Industries
- "The attention to detail, absolute care and the purity of the method of teaching of the trainers is unparalleled; they always cater for all abilities, and have seemingly limitless patience for those like myself who sometimes repeatedly struggle with some of the challenging techniques. I’ve always felt welcome and cared for in many ways. In summary: Wu-Shu academy at Rozelle provides a holistically empowering life-changing experience, better than anything else you could imagine!" Read more..George Papadopoulos – PhD student and lecturer.
- "It is difficult to describe but essentially Wu Shu teaches you self defence, flexibility, mobility, fitness, strength... All if these things, however on a deeper level, with time, it instills something within yourself that wasn't there before. Some say inner strength, some say a sense of self-worth or purpose, either way it is something special that can ultimately be used for good." Read more..Anton lock
- Alistair Gilbert – Director / Powercast
What Sets Us Apart
Wu Shu Northern and Southern Fist is the style taught at Wu Shu Academy which is an authentic Kung Fu style with internal and external benefits. It sets apart from other Kung Fu styles since both modern and authentic Wu Shu are taught with equal emphasis on developing upper body techniques and lower body techniques.